[extropy-chat] FWD [fantasticreality] Nice Summary of Problems of the self-denoted "Cultural Elites"

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Jul 23 12:23:03 UTC 2006

Well,  it seems to me that we can't both be for diversity, especially
the radical diversity of individual freedom, and bemoan differences,
even large ones, as dangerous and to be avoided.    We cannot, it seems
to me, both have the freedom to augment and change at will and stay true
to some homogenized egalitarian ideal.

The real problem with "military service" is that it in assumed everyone
owes such "service" first of all and then that this "service" is poured
down the toilet of pointless military adventures such an Iraq.   I will
cheer each and every person regardless of purported class who manages to
avoid having their precious life put at risk in so asinine and perverse
a conflict.

- samantha