[extropy-chat] Bluff and the Darwin award

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 13:40:01 UTC 2006

Am unambiguously telling you it is your watch. Thus whatever can be done to the good will be done by you. It is called free will. Like when a so-called relative refers to "our family" such is no longer the case, "our family" was way back in time when Xmas was the In thing-- now it is your family, bub. I was an activist for decades but no longer, merely because someone posts on extropy-chat doesn't mean they have to be active in 'our' watch.
  The reason I brought up prickly politics was to point out some of us mistrust libertarians as much as libertarians mistrust statists. Always in the back of my mind is the fact that everyone has a combination of good and bad intentions which includes you, myself, Mohandas Gandhi & Mother Teresa.
  To hell with 'our' watch.

  Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
  All I was saying, if you remember in the thick of your rhetoric, was that this is our watch, it is we who are here not some descendants. Thus whatever can be done to the good will be done by us. We can't
put it off on someone else. I am still at a loss how that gave you
an opening to get all politically prickly.

"information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not..."