[extropy-chat] Survival tangent.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun Nov 5 18:02:25 UTC 2006

Heartland, High Priest of the Unique Atom and Sacred Original Cult Wrote:

> I believe we've gone over this before and my response is still the same.

Atoms.

> Would you be able to implement 2 working minds with these ultracold atoms?

Possibly, there is talk of using something like that in a Quantum Computer,
but at any rate you could certainly use a BEC to erase the history of the
atoms journey through space time that you think is so very very very
important. So if atoms have no individuality they can't confer individuality
to us.

And you can certainly use electrons to make a mind and they can be in two
places at once too, the 2 slit experiment proves it. But that was 75 years
ago, just recently someone did the two-slit experiment with
buckminsterfullerene and that is made of 60 carbon atoms.

> does BEC cause these 3600 atoms to collapse in such a way that when you
> return the energy to a normal level the closed system contains only a
> single atom at 1/3600th of the initial mass of 3600 atoms?

Huh, is that a Zen Koan or something?

  John K Clark