[extropy-chat] Identity (was: Survival tangent)

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 03:40:38 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, Heartland <velvethum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> almost certainly ignored it but I think you would benefit from
> familiarizing
> yourself with the topic before you start arguing about PI with other
> people.

"arguing about pi"

there's nothing to argue about, it's the ratio of the circumference to the
diameter of a circle  :)

My wife's aunt is a physics teacher who often hosts thanksgiving dinner, so
a few years ago I asked:
What's the formula for determining thanksgiving dessert?

Answer:  2(pi)r > 1

(She has no understanding of a "small slice" of pie, so I must request an
arc of the whole measuring 22.5 degrees)