[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 22:19:36 UTC 2006

On 11/17/06, kevinfreels.com <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

>  When you remove all the things that don;t work out, all you have left if
> the competition for mates. You can see similar behaviour in wild dogs and
> cats.

It is more than "competition for mates" -- something that you might see in
any school or corporation or other typical developed world social
environment (that which most readers are used to).  It is a low level gene
driven higher intellectual capacity supported program of genocide.

The special news report I saw, which I believe was by one of the major news
networks, was about Arab militiamen explicitly engaging in raping native
African women and explicitly marking their bodies to indicate that they had
been raped (and therefore undesired as partners).  It is no secret that
genocide is occurring at a level just below that which might attract an
aggressive response (which is a sad comment on our "state" as a
"civilization").  It is one thing to try and settle differences between
groups of relatively equal parties (Sunni's & Shia) -- something which may
be relatively impossible.  It is another thing to ignore differences between
people incapable of equivalent engagement (militia and refuges).

What is surprising is that we debate endlessly day in and day out what
happens after nanotechnology arrives and we all upload or the fine points of
what it means to be an individual and it seems we place little value on
thousands to millions of lives being lost due to the actions of a few we
choose to ignore (e.g. Sudan president Omar Al-Bashir).

It makes me wonder if "we" deserve to be uploaded.  I for one would view the
rationalization as difficult.  If we cannot make good judgements now, how
can we be expected to make them in the future?

The CBS citation is particularly revealing, "*I'm sorry to say I'm going to
sit here with you in two years time and I'm gonna tell you the same sad
story. People will say, 'Ich habe nicht gewusst,' which is German for 'I
didn't know."'"* "

Robert

1.
http://www.genocideintervention.net/about/press/coverage/index.php/archives/date/2006/09/