[extropy-chat] Nanoengineered terrestrial solar vs.nanoengineered space solar power

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:02:05 UTC 2007

On 4/7/07, spike wrote:

> [...]

And solar cell technology is improving all the time.
There is a lot of research in this field now as part of the move to
more 'green' technology.
But, of course,  what works fine on earth may not be suitable for space.

<http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070405171830.htm>

Source: Massey University       Date: April 6, 2007

Solar cell technology developed by Massey University's Nanomaterials
Research Centre will enable New Zealanders to generate electricity
from sunlight at a 10th of the cost of current silicon-based
photo-electric solar cells.

BillK