[extropy-chat] Nanoengineered terrestrial solar vs.nanoengineered space solar power

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:02:05 UTC 2007

On 4/7/07, spike wrote:
> [...]

And solar cell technology is improving all the time.
There is a lot of research in this field now as part of the move to
more 'green' technology.
But, of course,  what works fine on earth may not be suitable for space.

Source: Massey University       Date: April 6, 2007

Solar cell technology developed by Massey University's Nanomaterials
Research Centre will enable New Zealanders to generate electricity
from sunlight at a 10th of the cost of current silicon-based
photo-electric solar cells.