[extropy-chat] How to be copied into the future?.

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Mon Apr 30 21:53:56 UTC 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 5:31 PM, John K Clark wrote:
> "Randall Randall" <randall at randallsquared.com>
>> As I've pointed out repeatedly, exactly the same is
>> true of any death.
>
> Indeed you have pointed that out, many many, many many times. So
> how do we
> determine who is right, you or me? I don't know but what the hell,
> let's try
> that
> wacky new thing they call The Scientific Method. Using this
> (admittedly new
> and
> untried) method can you produce any unsatisfied parties? No. Can I
> produce
> nothing but delighted participations? Yes.

Now *this* is begging the question. :)

> But then again who cares about this newfangled scientific method,
> it's not
> in The Bible.

When it's been pointed out that your debate opponent is
non-religious, it's probably not helpful to insist that
they are, John.  It certainly tarnishes the perception
that you're arguing in good faith.

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
"This is a fascinating question, right up there with whether rocks