[extropy-chat] Back to putting it to rest (was How to be copied into the future?).

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 30 23:01:21 UTC 2007

--- John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> But then again who cares about this newfangled
> scientific method, it's not in The Bible.

See, this is exactly what I was talking about.  You
are using Religion as ridicule.  Is that all you could
come up with as a rebuttal? Did you know that
newfangled scientific methods came into existence
through men such as Isaac Newton, who was religious
and believed in God?  He wrote a paper on "The
prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse of St-John".
He must have felt some connection to the words written
such as Daniel 2:17, God gave them knowledge and skill
in all learning and wisdom: and Daniel had
understanding in all visions and dreams. Have you even
read the Bible?  He must have been some "idiot" to
have believed in something without proof yet funny how
he managed to come up with the Three laws of motion.
One can be scientific and a believer. If you don't
want contradiction and rebuttal, I suggest you leave
Religion, the Bible and God out of your posts. (I
don't believe in God so don't go off with insults
about religious fanatics.)  I respect it and take the
Bible for what it's worth.

Thanks for your understanding and have a great day.
Anna:)

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca