[ExI] xmas songs again 2

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 05:40:01 UTC 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 11:50 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> It isn't just the seasonal songs, but also the long stale traditional
> stories that invite ridicule.  For instance, consider the Dickens classic
> that I need not even name.  Marley is sent to warn Scrooge of his evil
> ways.

I'd like to know who still thinks it's a good idea to teach children that
they need to be like everyone else or they're not allowed to play reindeer
games.  In our modern world if the elf applied to dental school and was
discriminated by race he'd be entitled to the kind of settlement money that
precludes ever needing to work again.  I can't even begin to imagine the
kind of protests on behalf of the "abominable snow beast" that has his teeth
ripped out and forced into a life of dependent servitude inside the toy
factory.