[ExI] abandon all services

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Dec 10 16:28:31 UTC 2007

spike:
>Amara your comment demonstrates the wisdom and courage that makes us proud
>to be in the same online gang with you.

Well thank you, but I think that's just from experience. We, at this
age, have a high probability of parents and or other friends/family members
with serious illnesses like cancer. I've three, one whose cancer is in
remission, and the other two are still fighting. I consider myself lucky
that the most that has gone physically wrong are unreproductive genes
and a fainting spell and childhood/teenage bumps and sprains and breaks.

>Surely all that bicycle riding has served you well.

More distant past, maybe, but recent past, Oh, I wish. In fact it's a
big sign for how out-of-kilter my life has been when I see years go past
without a bicycle tour. I stopped riding daily in Rome/Frascati because
I almost got hit by a car a couple of times. However, with this move,
I've made big changes along with the dumping my car (at least I hope it
was dumped, I'm still waiting for the certificato di demolizione). Last
week I had 10-12 hours of exercise for just going to/from work and
getting around town by bicycle and walking and bus. The bicycle routes
and lanes in Boulder are glorious, they are better than those in
Heidelberg, which I thought were already dreamy. And these days too, I'm
shoveling snow off of sidewalks.. so my life has taken a strong physical
turn. With my pasta consumption down 90%, and my fresh salad consumption
up 90%, I should see changes in my appearance in the not too distant
future.

Ciao,
Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado