[ExI] fermi paradox

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Mon Dec 10 22:54:29 UTC 2007

At 03:11 PM 12/10/2007, John K Clark wrote:

snip

>I am assuming nothing I am just making an observation, I observe that the
>universe has not been engineered and I find that puzzling if intelligence is
>common. If we are not the first then I can only conclude that something
>puts a lid on brain power and prevents it from erecting large scale
>structures. I can speculate but I make no claim to know what that
>something is, it could be that no human mind could understand it.

Clearly stated.

I have been saying similar things for at least a decade.  If we are
not the first (which the principle of mediocrity would support) then
we face a dire future, or at least one where our dreams of reshaping
galaxies isn't likely to happen.

If we are the first then we face a completely unknown future.

Keith