[ExI] First there's extropy/singularity then entropy

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 14:13:55 UTC 2007

Kevin wrote:"I'm seeing a lot of talk of rationality and morality on
these boards, but am
I the only one here seeing an unaddressed normative framework involved
here?  For instance, aside from the apparent assumption that
rationality and
emotionalism are separate things, given the apparent claim that a
well-balanced individual is the proper balance between these two
allegedly
separate things, who says what the balance is or even if there *is* a
proper
balance?  At least, nature doesn't.  I think when we make such claims we
ought to make our normative framework, and our values, evident and not
pretend they come from anywhere else other than our own judgments and
evaluations.  Perfection, too, isn't a property in nature but a human
judgment."

Hi, a couple or more posters here have addressed this entropic meme of
morality within 2 or 3 days ago. Nature of which we are a part is a
process of equilibrium. Extropy and entropy memes are energies in
constant motion. The mind sees duality where there is none.

I'd like to see AI growing in all directions and as fast as the speed
of light if not faster before we run out of time.

I'm not kidding,
Terry