[extropy-chat] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 40, Issue 4

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Jan 5 16:42:36 UTC 2007

At 09:11 AM 1/5/2007, Chris wrote:

>A recent comment by Eli on Overcoming Bias prompted me to give a serious
>look at cryonics, which, for whatever reasons, I'd dismissed before.  I
>agree with the rationale and am nearly ready to sign.  I've done a good
>bit of research, but there's at least one thing I'm unclear
>regarding.  For those here who're signed, what factors contributed to
>choosing one or the other of the main providers?  >Proximity?
> >Price?  Perceived professionalism? Popularity? (I didn't start out
> intending an alliteration. :) )

There are not a lot of choices, but here is a
reference:  http://www.cryonet.org/orgs.html

Some have chosen Alcor Foundation.  I am an Advisor to the Board for Alcor,
so I can attest to Alcor's continue to move forward.  Hopefully someone can
tell you about the other cryonics organizations so you can have a balanced
view.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Also, I think this is my first post to the list, so hello. :)

Welcome to the list,

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Design Media Artist - Futurist
PhD Candidate,
<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/researchcover/rcp.asp?pagetype=G&page=273>Planetary
Collegium
Proactionary Principle Core Group, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy
<http://www.extropy.org/>Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller