[extropy-chat] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 40, Issue 4

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Fri Jan 5 18:41:11 UTC 2007

> For those here who're signed, what factors contributed to choosing
> one or the other of the main providers?  Proximity?  Price?
> Perceived professionalism? Popularity? (I didn't start out intending
> an alliteration. :) )

Alcor was the only provider that was actively discussed when I was
signing up ('95-'97; I doubt very many people get through the whole
process quickly unless they have a particular reason for urgency).  I
know quite a few people in the local cryonics community, so that seemed
sufficient evidence that they were the majority provider.  I haven't
actively followed discussions in the community, so I don't know at what
point other alternatives have also become well-known.  Alcor has done a
reasonable job of expanding coverage, maintaining contact, and updating
technology, so I've seen no reason to reconsider.

Chris
--
C. J. Cherryh, "Invader", on why we visit very old buildings:
       "A sense of age, of profound truths.  Respect for something

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
Blog:   http://pancrit.org