[ExI] are sp&m levels dropping?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 19:05:15 UTC 2007

> These posts, ironically, are all being hurled into my spam bit bucket
> because of the word "sp*m" in the subject line. Let's see how these
> slight variations fare.
>
> Damien Broderick

Odd.  Have you ever seen a real sp*m with the word sp*m in the subject line?
It would be nice if every sp*m identified itself.

Here's a game.  Imagine if every sp*mmer were to catch an honesty virus.
The symptom is the sufferer labels every one of their posts truthfully.  We
might get posts with subject lines: "Please help me rip you off by
pretending to rip off some desperately poor African nation" and "Demonstrate
how big a fool you are to fall for this medication that promises to enlarge
your privates" and "This is a fake eBay message intended to trick you into
giving me your credit card number (you silly ass)".

Others?  Imagine a sp*m in which the originator caught the virus in the
middle of composing the work, for instance.

Actually, if the sp*mmers were to actually label their posts that way, we
might actually open them to see what is the gag.