[extropy-chat] Live long enough to live forever

Thomas Thomas at thomasoliver.net
Mon Mar 19 01:53:30 UTC 2007

Sondre Bjellås wrote:

> [...]
>
> Having a hard time getting friends and family to adopt the same [life
> extention] plan and outlook for their own life. Any good advice on how
> to convince people? It’s not a lack of knowledge, people know what is
> good and bad, but they don’t seem to care. They don’t think they will
> get cancer. They don’t think they will be the ones dying prematurely.

Welcome, Sondre. I suggest you keep loving your friends and family and
forget about changing them. Quotes follow from a laughable little book I
love:

" . . . when we emphasize a positive, we are at the same time creating a
negative. When we choose an ideal of knowledge, then we must deal with
the ignorance that is other than the knowledge . . . we tend to return
to the vibration level where we feel stable, something we can "live
with." It's the level of stability, the level where we feel ourselves to
be comfortably on the same vibration with others . . . "

Read Golas' chapter on Self Improvement
<http://freespace.virgin.net/sarah.peter.nelson/lazyman/lazyman6.html>.
-- Thomas