[ExI] zmm: quest for the holy honda

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Nov 12 09:34:22 UTC 2007

At 09:31 PM 11/11/2007, Spike wrote:

>ps Is Max More out there?  Isn't he a professor of philosophy?  If so, he
>surely would have studied ZMM and perhaps has some enlightening commentary,
>ja?

I'm not Max More, but I've been known to play him on TV...

I read ZMM many years ago, so my memories are quite dusty. I do
recall that, although I quite enjoyed it, it didn't excite me at all
philosophically. I vaguely recall Pirsig being fascinated with Plato,
whose thinking I have never found remotely appealing. The
specifically extropic aspects of the book escape me (unless "quality"
can be construed as extropy), but I'd be happy to be (re-)enlightened
on this point.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher