[ExI] What do you get out of this "Odds of dying" page?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 21 15:58:40 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
> >

> The figure that leaps out at me says that everyone should drive
> three-wheeled vehicles.
>
> Only 13 people died in 2004 compared with about 20,000 for other road
> vehicles.
> Sounds like great odds to me!
>
> Then the thought occurred to me that maybe there were only 13
> three-wheeled vehicles and they *all* died.
>
> I think these stats need a bit of reworking.
>

> BillK

BillK, the most common three wheelers as used today are dangerous sons a
bitches.  We have a couple of them in my biker club.  One is a sidecar rig
and one is a trike.  These are dangerous because they don't lean.  There are
some three wheelers on the market which are straddled and do lean into
turns, so that is some safety improvement, but I wouldn't encourage anyone
to ride one of the old kind.  You get cooking into a turn too fast, you have
a choice of either toppling or running into the other lane.  Oy.