[ExI] Impending Newtonmass... what should I buy theatheistinmylife?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Dec 24 01:33:15 UTC 2008

> [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of
> Stathis Papaioannou
>... what should I buy theatheistinmylife?
>
> 2008/12/22 Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com>:
>
> > Yes there is.  It's easy - one can simply ignore Christ-mass ...
>
> This is actually hard to do at this time of year...no amount of
rationalisation will prevent you
> from looking like an dissocial grump... Stathis Papaioannou

...Why, for fifty three years I've put up with it now,
I must stop christmas from coming!  But how?

the Grinch

Consider the song:

Silent niiiight, hoooooly night...

How the heck do they figure that night was silent?  You know it was probably
noisy as all get out.  Consider:

	-The three wise guys whooping it up and carrying on, especially
since it was the first christmas.

	-Shepherds watching their flocks by night: depending on what one
includes in the verb "watching" you know the ewes probably made quite a
racket.

	-Little drummer boys rump-a-pumping each other.

	-An unidentified beast achieved climax while copulating during the
middle of the cloudless night: it came upon a midnight clear.

	-We received notification that the assistant-gods were experimenting
with narcotics: angels we have heard on high

	-The Whos down in Whoville with their wimwozzles and pantookers

	-All the bowl games, such as the one at the colosseum between the
Roman Christians vs the Detroit Lions

	-The cops out busting those who had a little too much christmas
cheer: god, arrest YE merry gentlemen

	-Of course they were getting ready for a big new year's celebration
that year, being not only a new century and a new millenium, but they were
able to get rid of that bothersome negative sign and begin counting forward
instead of backward