[ExI] a book of possible interest

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 02:33:03 UTC 2008

Damien Broderick asked:
Did I ever mention this one?

Ferocious Minds: Polymathy and the new Enlightenment, by Damien Broderick
(Trade paperback)

I bought my copy several years ago from Amazon for just a few dollars
because apparently a previous owner had spilled coffee all over it.  But the
book was still readable!  I hope everyone here owns this slender tome
because it really is excellent.

I keep on hoping someday Damien will get a chance to host a major science
series akin to Cosmos.  If Sagan had sexiness and turtle neck sweaters than
Broderick has the Aussie accent & charm along with some cool hats (and I bet
Barbara would vouch for his sexiness!).

John

P.S.  Ironically, as I write this my roommate is watching a Harry Potter
film, which along with the books are the bane of Damien's existence!  ; )