[ExI] A Small Request [was Re: Impressive book: Farewell toAlms]

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sat Feb 9 06:48:27 UTC 2008

From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net>
To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ExI] A Small Request [was Re: Impressive book: Farewell
toAlms]

> If a person wants to die, there is no practical way of stopping them.

That reminds me, I watched the documentary "The Bridge" a couple of days
ago.  Very creepy and disturbing.  The commentary of friends and family
about some of the people who died (due to schizophrenia, depression,
joblessness - all sorts of things) was eye opening for me (although it still
didn't help me understand mental illness or addiction).  This is just a
blurb about the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8muNsj1oUpY

This is not a documentary for everyone, that's for sure.  I was simply
curious about it (it finally came up on my Netflix queue).  Having spent a
good part of my life in San Francisco, I still tend to gravitate to
documentaries and movies about my former American home town.  (From what
I've read, suicides off of the Golden Gate Bridge have actually gone up
quite a bit since this movie was made - mainly due to more difficult
economic times many people have had to endure.)

Olag