[ExI] Methuselah Foundation

James Clement clementlawyer at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:41:41 UTC 2008

Shannon wrote:

<snip>

I think this will happen after more 'famous or rich' people do--but before
the super wealthy put large amounts of money into ending aging-- the stigma
of selfishness must be removed.  Since the super rich would be the first to
benefit from anti-aging treatments--they'd have to be people who give back a
lot to help end inequality in some way, for the majority of people to be
supportive.

<end snip>

Don't forget that the "Rich & Famous" already spend a lot of discretionary
money on facelifts, botox, spas, etc. because those therapies WORK and show
immediate results.  The issue has more to do with the perception that
because previously touted anti-aging treatments (like HGH) don't work and
have been publicly discredited, that nothing else is likely to work...  We
need to keep reinforcing the idea that given proper funding we could be the
first generation to witness true rejuvenation, versus being the last
generation to get old and die...