[ExI] Basis of Belief

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:56:43 UTC 2008

HeMM>>> There's a saying I like very much to use (and which I don't know
who's
> the author): If you don't want to be ridiculed then don't be ridiculous.
>  >>

Gary> That sounds like it's from the same guy who said, if you don't want
raped
> then don't dress like a whore!
> Or the other classic if she didn't want to be hit she shouldn't have
> nagged
> me!
> In America that logic is known as blaming the victim and thankfully most
> people here don't buy those arguments anymore!

Pardon me my PC friend. I thought we were talking about debate, not crime.
You're making a hasty generalization.
In the subject of belief and debate, the victim *is* to be blamed.