[ExI] Basis of Belief

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:19:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:24 PM,  <ablainey at aol.com> wrote:

> The terms 'God' and 'creator' do not sit well with me, neither do 'believer'
> or 'follower'.
> Is the real point here, the little b and the big B. One being believed
> because of evidence and experience, the other because of
>
> indoctrination and blind faith?

### I wonder what is the degree of confidence you have in the
existence of this local-universe Programmer..... Is your evidence
strong enough to support a >99% probability estimate in favor of ve's
existence? A strong hunch ( i.e. probability >50%)? A mere suspicion
(probability <50% but >5%)?

I proclaimed myself a polytheist or even a maxitheist on this list
some years ago, in the sense that as a modal realist I have to accept
the likely existence of lots of gods, or even all of them, but mostly
very, very far away, so in practical terms I am a (local-universe)
atheist.

Rafal