[ExI] Social Credit versus Labor-based currency (was: Re: Using Time Based Currency?)

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 06:51:17 UTC 2008

> Would it not make much more sense to figure out how to achieve the
> goals of Transhumanism with the systems that we're got, rather than
> engaging in endless pie-in-the-sky debates about alternate
politico-economic
> systems that will never come into being?

I live in europe, and I keep getting validated that the european way of
doing
business is fairly functional and resistant to revolutionary upheaval. It
used to
be different fairly recent. For other parts of the world I am not so
certain. We
will see spectacular societal disruptors from almost all transhuman
developments.
Call me a glutton for revolution, but I can not see current economical
constants
survive very long into advancing nanotechnology, life extension, robotics,
intelligence augmentation, nootropics and the bloody rest. And apart from
those
there is already a fairly cinematic list of disruptors without technological
change.
I see agitated voters slamming the protest buttons, politicians slamming the
repression/populism buttons and corporations laying off and downsizing.
Hence
I say the current systems we got are certainly not going to last. What we'll
get
will probably be created in the middle of revolutionary technological
progress.
It can go any way and probably will.