[ExI] Social Credit versus Labor-based currency (was: Re: UsingTime Based Currency?)

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jul 11 20:33:32 UTC 2008

________________________________

 [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Bloch

	<snip>

	Would it not make much more sense to figure out how to achieve the
goals of Transhumanism with the systems that we're got, rather than engaging
in endless pie-in-the-sky debates about alternate politico-economic systems
that will never come into being?  Joseph

Joseph the real problem is with us.  When any company or group of people
come up with a great idea, people think about it, do preliminary stuff,
study this, measure that, and so on.  But when the time comes, a meeting is
called where everyone presents their ideas, what they have done, what they
plan to do, tell everything, hold back nothing.  This is commonly called a
Come To Jesus Meeting.

With transhumanists, since nearly all of us are atheists, that critical
point becomes a Come To Nothing Meeting.

With that name, we are busted before we start.  We need to make that
critical point a Come To Arthur C Clarke meeting, or Come To Someone Else
meeting.