[ExI] Groups

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Jun 22 14:22:24 UTC 2008

At 04:41 AM 6/22/2008, MB wrote:

snip

>They had no effect on academics, but they ran the social scene
>generally, and those
>of us too poor or geeky or shy, who were not joiners or selected, were quite
>peripheral *socially* even though we were the majority of the
>student body.  Not
>that we didn't have a social life, we did and it was full, but different.

Based on long observation of self selection, I would bet that few if
any of the list readers were members of a fraternity or a sorority.

>I have no idea if other small schools were like this.

The U of Arizona had perhaps 13,000 students when I first went there
in 1960.  It was very much like this, the social scene and student
government being run by the fraternity and sorority kids.

Keith