[ExI] Neo-fascist transhumanists? WAS: Manifesto of Italian transhumanists

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:07:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:09 PM, scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:

> As far as I remember, the peculiar character of his Übermenschism
> wasn't just the anti-democracy, the force, the power, the war,
> and so on, but the beauty and the sexual voluptousness ....
> Is there enough room for a neo-decadentist transhumanism?

It may be of interest, by the way, to note that the D'Annunzio had himself a
late but explicit fling with a kind-of, ante-litteram, transhumanism, namely
in the novel *Forse che sì, forse che
no*<http://www.internetbookshop.it/code/9788804499992/dannunzio-gabriele/forse-che-si.html>("It
May Be, It May Be Not", or "Perhaps Yes, Perhaps No") where he
celebrates, Marinetti-style, the speed and the merger between the Man and
the Machine, and the overcoming of human limitations through technology...
:-)

I do not know if an English translation of the novel is available. In German
it is known as *Vielleicht, vielleicht auch
nicht*<http://www.amazon.de/Vielleicht-vielleicht-auch-nicht-Sonderausgabe/dp/388221757X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204574357&sr=1-3>,
while a French translation<http://www.amazon.fr/Forse-traduit-litalien-donatella-cross/dp/B0000DNA2N/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204574637&sr=1-2>exists
under the original Italian title.

Stefano Vaj