[ExI] Next Decade May See No Warming

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri May 2 02:53:58 UTC 2008

Damien writes

> Lee wrote:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7376301.stm
>
>>it's not out of place at all to bring up the other
>>side of the story, or data that might support it,
>>(whether or not I am myself an entirely unbiased
>>source).
>
> Lee, can't you see what you're doing in these sorts of posts? Isn't
> your clear implication "Here's more evidence that global heating due
> to human activity is bullshit"?

That might be one reading. It's certainly not *my* reading!
My whole point is that so far as I can determine, no one
really knows much for sure. Therefore the media mania
is unfounded.

It's just another example of how every few years our "best
understanding" of some of these things changes. So let's
not act precipitously.

> What comfort do you get from this?

More evidence that the near-hysteria espoused by many
(thankfully not on this list) is unfounded.

> The comfort *I* get is the possibility that this countervailing or
> offsetting cooling gives us a little more time to do something to
> correct the longer-term disruption (should we choose to do so),

and maybe, just maybe, to keep studying the problem, and
to keep trying to stop whether or not certain groups have
agendas that could interfere with their objectivity?

Okay so let me ask you: what odds would you give, if you
were someone who gave odds and were someone who's
a betting man, that average temperatures 30 years from
now will be warmer than they are now?

Lee