[ExI] A paper that actually does solve the problem of consciousness

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 01:33:15 UTC 2008

Hi Damien,

I'm going to answer with the assumption that the phenomenal theory here
is true:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/23/2

Of course, if any of this is ever demonstrated not to be not true, it
will falsify this theory.

First off,  there is no phenomenal music outside of our head (that we
know of so far).  There is just the synchronized behavioral vibrations
of various things which the phenomenal *musicality* in our head represents.

Next, to say there are 'qualia detectors' is a backwards way to think of
consciousness.  Our ears detect the behavior of the vibrations in the
air.  Then after some processing, our brain organizes or configures
itself in such a way that it has this *musicality* which represents this
behavior in a conscious unified awareness way.  It is the final
conscious result of such a detection, not the other way around.

Phenomenal sound, along with much else in our consciousness is far more
complex than simple hard reliable red and green.  We believe it is most
important to start with the phenomenal nature of red / green and
understand that - and how it is unified into one singular world.  Once
you get that, then we believe we will be able to proceed into the deeper
more complex sounds, feelings, and all emotions of consciousness which
are just more complex instances of the phenomenally conscious.

The fact that the surface of a red stawbery behaves in such a way that
it reflects 700 nm light is no less "turtles in every direction" than
the possibility that, in addition to these behavioral properties, matter
also has phenomenal properties blind to cause and effect observation;
properties that are more than behavior, or abstracted representations of
such, and objectively 'effable' as described in this early leading camp
here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/23/7

The really important thing is simply that everyone else can reliably
reproduce and demonstrate what it is like as in 'oh THAT is what salt is
like' for you.  As Chalmers more or less says: 'its part of the
furniture of the universe'.

So, have I converted anyone to any of these camps?  If not what camp are
you in?  Who is going to be in THE right camp before everyone else?  I
don't think we have much time before we all know 'THE ONE' camp.  And
once that happens, the world will be a very very different, perhaps even
unrecognizable possibly objectively / sharably / spiritual, if you will,
place.

Brent, what is it effing like,  Allsop