[ExI] Your genome for $5000

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 6 15:07:57 UTC 2008

According the New York Times by the second quarter of next year a
company called "Complete Genetics" will sequence your ENTIRE
genome for $5000. This appears to be a legitimate company,
it has 46 million in venture capital and more important it has
Leroy Hood working for them, and he is the Henry Ford of DNA
sequencing.

I knew this was coming but not this fast! I suppose I shouldn't
be surprised it should be so cheap so fast because the cost has
dropped by a factor of 10 every year for the last 4 years.
That makes Moore's law look like crap.

  John K Clark