[ExI] economic parableRe: Sudden outbreak of democracy baffles US pundits

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:18:56 UTC 2008

2008/10/8 The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>:

> I doubt either bull or bear markets will last for more than a year or two nowadays, but there is occasionally *real* wealth added to the economy and that does steadily grow with time. And the real wealth is not affected by delusions of poverty or prosperity.

It's a pity that people aren't rewarded in proportion to their
contribution to real wealth. I wouldn't mind if those unable to work,
or even those who just don't want to work, were given enough to
sustain a basic lifestyle, but I don't like it when someone like
Richard Fuld, the former CEO of Lehman Brothers, "earns" hundreds of
millions of dollars while producing nothing.

--
Stathis Papaioannou