[ExI] more belated singularity mainstream

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:55:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:

> Ya gotta laugh, you know?

I always remember the famous cartoon about the English 'stiff-upper-lip'.

Two English explorers are naked and tied down on anthills under the
blazing African sun, with the cannibals dancing around them.
One says 'Are you OK, Hargreaves, old chap?'
The other replies, 'Musn't grumble'.

> Moore's Observation still seems to be ticking away, and genome scanning just
> gets niftier every week. Of course, we'll all be going around in sackcloth
> and ashes for a few years now those bad people [insert names, political
> affiliations, economic opinions of choice] have screwed everything up again.

Well, from the POV of those 'bad people', they have had million dollar
salaries and bonuses and Hollywood lifestyles for the last five years,
so they haven't screwed up. They have done very nicely, thank you.
They were just smarter than the rest of us.  Market leaders, indeed.

BillK