[ExI] [Soc]Complex Adaptive Systems - Tending Always to 50/50 split)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 14:05:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:13 PM, John Grigg
<possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you saying international politics is a zero sum game? LOL!

No, sometimes the net risult is minus than zero. :-)

More seriously, one cannot really expect each and every international
game to allow for win-win solutions, can one?

> And that's just how I like it!  ; )  But I am right.

So sayeth the Ayatollah... :-)

Amen.

> Russia used classic political gamesmanship ("we must protect our bullied
> friends there") as an excuse to invade.  Politics in the region tends to be
> an ugly bloodsport.

Not as in the rest of the world, you mean? :-)

>> In more general terms, I think most people, and transhumanists
>> especially, are probably better off in a multipolar world than in a
>> unipolar one, was it just for the competitive dynamics that the first
>> still seems able to maintain better than the second.
>
> Yes, I heartily agree due to the fact that technological competition between
> nations and political blocs creates so much needed innovation.  But if
> things overheat we will see conflict and war vastly worse than what two
> world wars delivered.

Why, wouldn't it be nice to have only the good of a cold war without
the bad and the risks of it? :-)

Stefano Vaj