[ExI] Japan's young turn to Communist Party ...

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 19:59:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:

>  ... as they decide capitalism has let them down ... Japan has long been
> regarded as the land of the rising capitalist.:

I had no idea life was so rough for many of the younger generation in the
Land of the Rising Sun.  Corporate Japan definitely took hold of American
ideas about creating armies of temp workers in the cause of cutting pay &
benefits and easily being able to get rid of employees.  I will have to keep
on eye on Japanese politics as these disaffected young people start pushing
hard against the current powerful status quo.  I had read Japan's economy
has bounced back and so I hope these men and women can get what they need
without doing serious damage to the now healthy economy.

I will know things have changed in Japan when I turn on the television to
watch anime and the program is titled, "The Struggles of Takiji Kobayashi,
Communist Martyr!"  And there will not be a single giant battle mecha,
demonic monster, noble samarai, or playing card wielding wizard in it...

John Grigg