[ExI] Japan's young turn to Communist Party ...

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 08:55:38 UTC 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 12:41 AM, Dagon Gmail wrote:

> China is as communist as my left shoe. Personally I don't think
> countries can be
> effectively communist. Communism doesn't survive a shift beyond
> democratic
> accountability - all utopian ideals desintegrate in a totalitarian
> system. But communism
> is very useful in exerting pressure on a market that is totally out
> of whack. It isn't
> generally acknowledged but the current Chicago school economic
> models are
> leading us into a giant mess.

Difficult to say since we departed from that type of economics in
reality decades ago.   It was precisely what that model preaches
against that most unambiguously led us into this mess, government
interference in the purported free market.  And it is precisely
massively more government interference and even direct control of the
economy that nearly everyone is now clamoring for.   Stupid monkeys.
I hope we survive this and do not lose at least a generation on the
achievement of our H+ dreams.

- samantha