[ExI] we die alone

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 03:22:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Henrique Moraes Machado <
cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rob Masters wrote:
> I almost died just now.  I dreamed that I was drowning, and I remembered
> that one is supposed to shout at such times.  So I started yelling at the
> top of my voice (in the dream, and then as I woke up) while jumping out of
> bed and running toward the front door of my apartment.  For the first few
> seconds everything in the apartment looked weird, as if covered with a
> radiant film; then that effect subsided.
>

> <Grigg>A strange experience.  Has this ever happened to you before?  Will
> you talk to your doctor about it?  The fact everything looked radiant for a
> few seconds after you woke up is mildly alarming to me.  I have had some
> disturbing dreams, but never with that side effect.</Grigg>
>
> That´s probably because his eyes were a bit dry. Once he blinked a bunch of
> times and the eyes became properly wet the radiant film effect went away.

I almost died:  i expected this to be followed with happened.
I dreamed I was drowning:  I expected that you had fallen asleep on a boat
and that your dream was also real.
I remembered...to shout: I guess that's so someone can help?  though I'm not
sure shouting is possible while drowning.
jumping...and running:  That sounds very lively, hardly like dieing at all.
few seconds...everything...looked weird:  Interesting judgment for one so
nearly dead.
that effect subsided:  It still looks that way, you've just grown accustomed
to it. :)
Then what happened?  I kept waiting to hear about how you almost died.

Reminds me of the opening (and closing) line to the movie Fallen....