[ExI] atheism

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 04:10:02 UTC 2009

>It has been my experience that the biggest drinkers, overeaters
and sex maniacs are much more often religious than not.
I have no idea where you think you are going with such a line of argument.
I grew up being hauled to church 4 times a week (Southern Baptist)
and have observed other religious folks since.
Except for a handful of serious meditators and another handful of more or less cult folks I haven't noticed any general improvement in character or habits from most of what passes for religion.   Indeed, most (not all) religion is such a sloppy unthinking pile of myth and superstition that one would expect those of low standards in general, not just intellectually, to be affirming it.
samantha

For starters, how are religious schools worse than public schools? They are not.
Though yours' is anecdotal evidence
(your experience with Southern Baptism several decades ago is outdated anecdote)
I agree with it as far as individuals go.
But families who go to houses of worship are usually harmless to themselves and to others. Where am I going with this?
Again, it is to write that none of you has evidence-- nor will stats furnish you any evidence-- that bad religion is more destructive than bad politics, bad entertainment, and so forth.