[ExI] "polluting my home with unwanted people"

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 15:32:48 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is significant example of stupidity in action. You pose a problem here
> that deceitfully suggests a clear and simple answer.

Frankly, the idea that overpopulated, overexploited, polluted, and
industrialised countries may welcome an unlimited flow of foreigners
moving there on an individual basis out of the propaganda of western
way of life and a view of human resources as mere commodities to be
traded and imported in a global market depending on short-terms needs,
sounds intolerably naive and simplist itself.

There is nothing humane or affordable in mass immigration in Europe,
both for the countries of origin and for the countries of destination,
but a massive destruction of resources, sovereignties and diversity.

Japan or Israel are in this respect good, very different examples that
there is no inevitable "historical force" that would require a country
to surrender the control of its borders to phenomena that have really
little to do with some kind of "natural law", in particular having
little equivalents in recent times where conditions in the originating
countries were even worse, or from other countries that are even
poorer.

--
Stefano Vaj