[ExI] "polluting my home with unwanted people"

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 10:28:39 UTC 2009

Yes, I agree - I am envious of the Japanese model, including the drop in
population <http://www.japanesestudies.org.uk/discussionpapers/Chapple.html>Japan
will experience. the resulting headstart they will have in
robotics and maybe even sensescence reversal. But again you skip the
deeper questions of poverty in the world and appear to answer to an article
you think I wrote than the one I did actually write.

I do not want immigration based on low pay jobs of poor, undereducated
people to richer countries. Its a demographic disaster. Its an integration
disaster. It breeds crime. It is equivalent to chattel slavery and worst of
all
it wrecks the country of origin, draining all the most motivated workers
who might in fact be building up a real economy instead of one based on
a steady flow of cheques. If temporary workers come to a country working,
I love them doing so under temporary contract and getting the hell out when
they are done.

I say there are very few solutions in this area, and whats been done in
Europe and the US is not acceptable. The problem is we are stuck with this
situation and some people only make it WORSE by waving around a brick
of handwavium, suggesting that more cops, internment caps, barbed wire,
more prisons, stricter laws, more traditional values, prayer in schools,
laws against P0rN, sundayschool will make it all get better.

If you do reply, please take into account in your answer that, for all I
care the
old dichotomy between left (liberal, pro-immigration, gay) and right
(conservative,
pro-law, anal retentive) is DEAD DEAD DEAD for all I care. I am not a part
of
either, do not wish to be shoehorned in with either and loathe most
solutions
offered by either. I am WAY north of this false, treacherous dichotomy.

2009/2/7 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is significant example of stupidity in action. You pose a problem
> here
> > that deceitfully suggests a clear and simple answer.
>
> Frankly, the idea that overpopulated, overexploited, polluted, and
> industrialised countries may welcome an unlimited flow of foreigners
> moving there on an individual basis out of the propaganda of western
> way of life and a view of human resources as mere commodities to be
> traded and imported in a global market depending on short-terms needs,
> sounds intolerably naive and simplist itself.
>
> There is nothing humane or affordable in mass immigration in Europe,
> both for the countries of origin and for the countries of destination,
> but a massive destruction of resources, sovereignties and diversity.
>
> Japan or Israel are in this respect good, very different examples that
> there is no inevitable "historical force" that would require a country
> to surrender the control of its borders to phenomena that have really
> little to do with some kind of "natural law", in particular having
> little equivalents in recent times where conditions in the originating
> countries were even worse, or from other countries that are even
> poorer.
>
> --
> Stefano Vaj

I said NO SIGNATURE !!!