[ExI] The Death Toll Imbalance in the Mideast War

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:31:16 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>:

> And so for you you, Stathis, to actually suggest the Stalin-like regime
> of Iraq had the right to nuke the U.S. since we used nukes on Japan, when
> Japan deserved it, is to show your moral bankruptcy and plain stupidity.

Japan attacked the US, so Japan had it coming to it when the US
retaliated; the US attacked Iraq, so the US had it coming to it if
Iraq had been able to retaliate. It's not a question of which system
is better, it's a question of the citizens of a country having the
right to forcefully resist invasion. *Of course* the invader will
claim that they will be welcomed by all right-thinking people, and
only the evil terrorists, who must be rooted out, will resist. *Of
course* there will be people who do welcome the invaders, and prosper
under them, but the resistance will regard these people as traitors.

--
Stathis Papaioannou