[ExI] Deuteronomy Chapter 13

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:07:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Harvey Newstrom<mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 June 2009 12:03:30 pm painlord2k at libero.it wrote:
>> In Italy I'm not aware of any abortion doctors being killed by any
>> Christian fundamentalist for doing abortions and the Catholic Church
>> constantly condemn the abortions.
>
> Here are 9 murders, 17 attempted murders, 383 death threats, 153 incidents of
> assault or battery against abortion providers by christians:

Yes. Protestant fundamentalists are somewhat inbetween muslims and
catholics in taking their faith seriously.

Not that catholic traditionalists do not exist in Latin Europe, but
they are mostly concerned with social conservatism and beautiful
rituals, and belonging to an "aristocracy" or at best old bourgeoisie
who have lost any taste for personal risks for centuries even though
they may be nostalgic of burning people at stake they are not really
inclined to act upon their beliefs.

--
Stefano Vaj