[ExI] To Arms!

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Sun Mar 29 19:53:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 22:58 -0700, Lee Corbin wrote:

> But it's either that or eventually perish. France, for example,
> needs to do what it would instantly have done in any century
> before the 20th, namely expel its Muslim population. It's
> either that or cease eventually to have a modern western
> society at all!

If ever there is created a collection of ridiculous and completely
disgusting statements to have ever been posted to this list then the
above would surely be near the top of the list.

Expelling the Muslim population would violate long standing principles
of freedom of religion and rule of law and equal protection under the
law.  And where would they be expelled to?  Since many are French
citizens where would they be sent?  I really wonder if anyone advocating
expelling the Muslim population from France has actually given even a
second of serious thought to the matter but instead just simply spewed
forth with a load of vicious unreasoned bilge.

I am tempted to ask if during the proposed expulsion if the Muslim
population will be put in railway cars and if the use of cattle prods
will be obligatory or mandatory.  However I will refrain from asking
those questions but I will ask if anyone seriously thinks that expelling
the Muslims from France would really make any progress in generating
tolerance and progress in Europe or world wide.  Or would it cause a
further conflict and suspicion?

Fred