[ExI] "recession is going to end in about 6 weeks"

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:38:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>wrote:

> At 07:44 AM 5/6/2009 -0600, Rafal wrote:
>
> ### Sure. This is why I said we need to wait and see what happens, and I
>> didn't offer you a bet. I am not confident that the recession will end
>> before the end of the year
>>

> A modest enough position to take. Rather more so, I think, than the
> impression conveyed by your initial post:
>
> "According to many economic indicators, the recession is going to
> end in about 6 weeks (despite the best efforts of the idiots who run
> this country) and there was never a depression, not by a long shot."

### Is there a contradiction between the two paragraphs? Many indicators say
the recession will end soon, others say it won't, I am not smart enough to
tell which one is right. And as an aside the current crisis is not a
depression. All fits together (unless you read too much confidence into the
first paragraph).

Rafal