[ExI] anti-capitalist propaganda, was: retrainability of plebeians

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 11 22:35:18 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou
> I know a lot of people with minimal funds who blow them on
> drugs;...

Ja, this I do not buy however, for if a poor young person is using the
really high-end stuff like cocaine, she must be either stealing or dealing.
No one will slave at a minimum wage job all week and then snort the whole
paycheck up the nose on payday.  They will buy cheaper drugs and get stoned
every night, and still have money for actual food.  I have no problem with
recreational drug use. But high schoolers using cocaine is a sure indicator
of foul play.  I would not hire that high schooler, for her sense of the
worth of money would be necessarily all messed up.

> ... Usually they grow out of it when they are older and,
> ironically, have more money...

Sure but I would be forever suspicious of how they came into possession of
that money.

> ...However, the more interesting point you make is that Obama
> did not work hard for his money...

Actually he never claimed to have worked for it at all.  I may have missed
it for I didn't read the whole book, but he didn't actually claim to have
had a job.  The money for that cocaine cries out for an explanation.

> I am surprised that as a
> supporter of capitalism you would hold this against him...

I wouldn't, had he some legal capitalist scheme that worked so well he had
piles of money lying around.  He doesn't tell us anything about that legal
capitalist scheme.  Why?

> As I
> said in a previous post, a definition of capitalist success
> could be making more and more money while doing less and less
> work...Stathis Papaioannou

I am with you there.  Stathis, how do you theorize the current reader of the
free world came into possession of that cash, doing evidently NO work?
Honestly Stathis, the man has some 'splainin to do, and the popular press is
showing a deplorable lack of curiosity.