[ExI] "meat"

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat May 23 21:00:28 UTC 2009

Damien writes about his diatribe

 > Now the peanut gallery can start
 > yipping about "political correctness."

As chairman of the peanut gallery, I object
to this demeaning of our mission. Modesty
should have prevented you, in the first
place :) from presuming that you had the
clout to set up political correctness!

> Most of the people posting here seem
 > to have no notion how depraved it
> is to speak of human bodies as "meat".

I plead guilty. Indeed, we should aspire
to good taste whenever such an alternative
is pointed out to us.

> I wish you'd all get over this nerdish
 > affectation.

This causes me to wonder exactly how much
of our common memeset here might fall
under that description.

> Meat is dead, hacked-up flesh. My body
 > isn't meat, it's me, and yours
> isn't meat either. It's a living person.
 > The jeering philistinism of calling our
 > bodies "meat" reminds me of insensitive
 > oafs who disdain van  Vogh's paintings
 > as "daubing"...

I admit to being quite surprised by your
vehemence; but point well taken---though
use of the term did start out as a joke.

Lee