[ExI] The big wta riot

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:25:48 UTC 2009

2009/11/24 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> Rob a lot of us are waiting to see how much of that hacked email is genuine.
> If the stuff that has been leaked is real, it is a major game changer in the
> Mann-made global warming debate.  The leaked stuff indicates some bigtime
> scientific misbehavior was taking place.  I have to think the files must
> have been corrupted; some damaging stuff was invented and inserted.  But if
> not, and the hacked email is genuine, we have systematic supression of
> dissenting voices on Mann-made climate change.  The scientific debate is far
> from over.

In fact, the insistence of people at RealClimate on the fact that to
hack e-mail msgs is illegal, or at least "unethical", sounds a little
defensive to me and not very compatible with the claim that the leak
is a hoax or a fabrication...

> This topic really is important to transhumanism, and all of humanity.

Really? :-/

"Supression of dissenting voices on man-made climate change" may speak
books on the people and organisations involved, but does not really
tell us much on the possible truth and reasons of climate change.

Even though I am a lawyer and more into politics and humanities than
into hard sciences and mathematics,
I suspect that no amount of sociological study, cultural criticism
forensic investigation or journalistic analyses of vested interests
can take the place of substantive, fundamental research as far as the
merits of such scientific, factual issues are concerned.

--
Stefano Vaj