[ExI] Wikileaks.

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Thu Dec 9 13:31:01 UTC 2010

Dan wrote:

>Reminds me of that saying about "six degrees of separation."

There's an interesting question here. We talk about dangerous ideas.
There are people here, or who used to be here, or who are sufficiently
linked to us, who do things.

Now it's Assange. Last year, I noted that I was in several future-tech
groups in LinkedIn with Russian spy Anna Chapman. Tim May was
a regular back when, and seems to have gone off the bend. Of course,
Keith has had his ... challenges with the Elron crowd. And much of
what we discuss is deeply threatening to (shall we say) neo-Luddites.

Not that it's just here. Joel Rosenberg from my SFWA world was
recently arrested for carrying guns into a courthouse (a deliberate act
of civil disobedience; he posted a video on YouTube). And some of
the players in the TSA screening furor are libertarian activists, a
degree away from being guests at my parties.

Since some of us have known each other for thirty years or more,
we're not likely to be untangleable. Natasha was concerned enough
about our affecting Alcor last year to nix discussion here.

I'm not going anywhere, but I have a nagging suspicion about whose
enemies lists we might be on.

-- David.