[ExI] moral issues

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 04:13:50 UTC 2010

Jeff wrote

Bill wrote:

> That's done it!   Now you've upset everyone on the list except Eugen.   ;)

I was assuming it was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but even it if hadn't been, I
wouldna been bothered. I read recently that Nathan Leopold had an I.Q. of
210 and Voltaire of 190. One wrote Candide, the other got life-time
imprisonment for reading Neitzche too literally. It ain't all in what you're
dealt. Sometimes it comes down to how well you play.

A side of seren dip: Prior to cracking this thread I came across this quote
in a Johnathon Kellerman thriller this afternoon:

"People who think or talk alot about being smart rarely accomplish
anything." ;)<----- (wink-and-smile alert)

d.

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Jeff Davis  wrote:
> > <snip>
> >

> > That's done it!   Now you've upset everyone on the list except Eugen.
> ;)
>
> Oh my!  Did I forget the smiley?  Wink, wink.
>
> Also, take note of the phrasing, I left room for everyone else to
> imagine that they might be just as smart as I am.  Work it.
>

> > Personally, what I find is that people are smart at different things.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > And some smart people are really dumb when they venture outside their
> field of expertise.
>
> "Yes", he said, agreeing and feigning modesty, but poorly.
>

> > If you are not an expert yourself it sometimes takes a while to learn
> > when somebody really knows their subject or when they are just
> > bullshitting (to use a phrase I heard somewhere).
>
> Ahhhh, yes indeed!  I envy those who learn that skill early in life.
> Best, Jeff Davis
>
>  "We are every one an "idiot and moron"
>     compared to what we seek to  become."
>                     Samantha Atkins

*"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
*