[ExI] Partying (was re:Is the brain a digital computer?)

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 20:09:46 UTC 2010

John wrote "Spike, thank you for the reminder that this email list is here for us to
ENJOY ourselves!  : )  I love the whole idea of this place being a big party
(following Eliezer's rule of infinite fun, vrs. Eliezer's notorious
organization known as the "Committee for Investigating Un-Extropian
Activities")."

I recently re-read "Great Mambo Chicken and the Transhuman Condition" (lousy title, it never did explain the importance of Mambo Chicken to transhumanism) and it mentions in there "The Other Side Party" - the multiple selves of all the transhumanists who left earth meet up on the far side of the galaxy having explored it all, and then party! One problem cited is that several billion Keith Hensons plus all his group-mind friends would consume so much beer, there may be a black hole formed by beer cans.

On the other hand, this may be where we can find enough beer cans from to make a functioning brain emulation with, just to posthumously prove Gordon wrong :)

Tom